Student Visa in USA

Study in USA

Need primary assessment? After providing your information,
our team will give you feedback through Email.

We are representing 100+ USA Universities !

Arizona State University

California State University

Central Washington University

Miami University Ohio

San Francisco State University

University of California, Irvine

California State University - San Marcos

University of Toledo

Westcliff University

University of Findlay

University of Massachusetts Dartmouth

Trine University

Gannon University

University of South Dakota

Pittsburg State University

Oregon State University

Marshall University

Suffolk University

Concord University

Saint Louis University

University of Alabama

American University

Cleveland State University

Adelphi University

Louisiana State University

University of Alabama

Adelphi University

American University

Louisiana State University

Cleveland State University

University of Central Florida

University of Dayton

University of South Carolina

DePaul University

University of Central Oklahoma

Texas State University

Wichita State University

University of North Texas

University of Louisville

University of Lynchburg

Rowan University

University of Kansas

Do you want to study in USA? Then you will most likely need a student visa. In this guide, we take you through the application process step by step. We can also help with schools & universities in USA. SIC is representing more than 100 universities in USA.

  1. Determine which visa you need
  2. Apply to a university in USA
  3. Fill in the school’s visa application document
  4. Get your offer
  5. Apply at the Embassy in your country
  6. Get your visa
  7. Fly to USA and when to book your tickets
  8. Arriving in USA

Consisting of fifty states, the United States of America (USA) is one of the largest and highly populated countries globally, commonly known as the United States (U.S. or US), or America, situated in North America. The United States of America also consists of five major self-governing territories and various possessions overseas. So, right now, study in the USA from Bangladesh (with a scholarship) becomes very easy.

CapitalOfficial & National LanguagePopulationAreaCurrency
Washington, D.C.English328 M+ (Dec, 19)9.834 m km²USD

Why Study in the USA

  • The top destination for International students all over the world.
  • More than half of the top 20 Universities in QS World University ranking are USA Universities.
  • More than 10 USA cities are listed amongst 100 QS Best Student Cities (2019).
  • Over 4500 universities offer programs for international students.
  • Double Major & Major-minor program option available.
  • Experience the most culturally diverse country.
  • Improve job Prospects after Graduation.
  • American degrees are considered the most reputable and Recognized degree throughout the World.
    Finally, Study in the USA from Bangladesh with a Scholarship is a great thing.

Admission requirements

Bachelor’s / Undergraduate Study:
  • A high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.50, or A – Level or equivalent
  • English language: minimum TOEFL 61 to 89, or IELTS 6 or equivalent.
  • Can apply to Pathway programs with TOEFL score 55 to 74 or IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
Master’s / Post-Graduate Study:
  • A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 3 or equivalent.
  • English language: minimum TOEFL 78 to 100, or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
  • Can apply to Pre-masters with minimum TOEFL 55 to 80 or IELTS 5.5 or Equivalent.

Student Visa Requirements in the USA

Documents Checklist for Visa Application:
  • Complete Application form
  • Passport copy
  • Photograph
  • Approved form I-20 from Educational Institution
  • Please provide proof of intent to return to their home country upon their completion of studies.
  • Accepting condition of ‘Only studying at the institution notes’
  • Demonstrating they have sufficient funds to support their life in the USA
  • Showing they have strong ties to their home country:
    • A job offer for after graduation
    • A House, land, etc.
    • Bank accounts
    • Family
Visa Fees:
  • SEVIS fee – 360 USD, DS 160 fee – 160 USD (Fees are subjected to change any time without before any notice by the American embassy and Immigration Service).
  • The student also needs to attend an Embassy interview.
  • Dependents will need to pay the additional Visa application fee and complete another visa application form.

(Contact SIC for Updated Visa info and Application process)

Tuition Fees

The cost of studying in the USA varies by institution and level of study. Below you will find average tuition costs per year by institution type:

State College or University:

  • Bachelor: $25,000
  • Postgraduate: $20,00–35,000
  • Doctoral: $28,000–$40,000

Private College or University:

  • Bachelor: $34,740
  • Postgraduate: $40,000
  • Doctoral :$28,000–$40,000

Community College:

  • Associate Degree $2,527

Living Expenses

In addition to tuition, students need to account for housing, food, transportation, and other day-to-day living expenses. Students need to show funds according to the particular university’s living cost in the particular state.

East Coast:

  • Boston (Massachusetts) and Miami (Florida): $1,500–3,000 USD/Month
  • Atlanta (Georgia): $1,200–2,200 USD/Month
  • Philadelphia (Pennsylvania): $800–1,300 USD/Month
  • Washington D.C. and New York City: $1,700–3,000 USD/Month

West Coast:

  • Los Angeles (California): $1,500–2,500 USD/Month
  • San Francisco (California): $2,200–4,000 USD/Month
  • San Diego (California): $1,400–2,400 USD/Month


  • New Orleans (Louisiana): $1,100–2,000 USD/Month
  • Seattle (Washington): $1,500–2,500 USD/Month

North Central:

  • Chicago (Illinois): $1,300–2,500 USD/Month
  • Detroit (Michigan): $1,000–1,800 USD/Month


  • Dallas (Texas) and Houston (Texas): $1,000–2,000 USD/Month

Scholarships & Grants

Private and public universities offer financial incentives for deserving & meritorious students. Merit-based scholarships are awarded based on SAT / IELTS / TOEFL scores, academic record, artistic ability, musical ability, athletic ability, etc.

There are numerous portals to see what students are eligible for. Below is a list of scholarship portals:

  • Abroad Planet Scholarship Resources: Online community of international students studying in the United States
  • College Board: Financial aid source for scholarships, grants, and loans for all USA college-bound students
  • FastWeb: Scholarship search service
  • International Education Financial Aid: Scholarship search service for international students
  • International Scholarships: Scholarship database for international student
  • Mobility International USA: Scholarship resource for non–USA citizens with disabilities

(SIC will guide you to Find and Apply for a Scholarship)

Working as a Student and Post-Graduation Work

Students with a valid F1 visa are allowed to work on-campus only. Students can work 20-hours per week during regular full-time semesters & full-time during study breaks (including winter and summer break). On-campus work is typically available at the school cafeteria, library, research labs, or admissions offices.

Working Off-Campus with F1 Visa

International students have two options for working off-campus. They have to complete at least their first academic year to be eligible for off-campus work. The options are:

  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT): CPT allows students to participate in off-campus training/work/internships in their program curriculum.
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT): OPT provides students with the option to participate in an off-campus job or internship, given it is in their field of study. There is an option for OPT extensions for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs. Students who would like to apply for OPT will need an additional visa. There are two options for students: Pre-Completion OPT & Post-Completion OPT.
Temporary Non-Immigrant Workers

After graduation, students can apply to work in the USA temporarily. The prospective employer must apply as a non-immigrant work permit on the applicant’s behalf to the United stated Citizenship & Immigration service.

How will SIC assist you?

We will make an Assessment of Your educational qualification and will prepare you for your Journey towards your Application & Admission.

  • We will ensure an easy admission process for Eligible students to our direct affiliated Universities.
  • Our Experts will inform you of the right documentation procedure for the application and help you write the SOP, CV, etc.
  • We will guide you to choose the right Program and University according to your Career plan and eligibility.
  • We will 100% Ensure your admission to your desired program.
  • Career Paths’ Expert counselors will assist with scholarships.
  • Our Experts will inform you of the proper documentation needed for a Visa application and book for an Embassy interview.
  • Our experts will train you for an Embassy interview.
  • Our Visa experts will apply for your dependents as well.
  • We will inform you about the On-campus Job opportunity.
  • We can also help you with Flight booking, Airport pick-up service, and finding accommodation in State.
  • Call/Whatsapp: +88 019888-90099 for details.

Send Your CV For Assessment